Tuesday

An Ode to the Black Curtain


Enveloping me in your shroud,

Your silky texture caresses my face.
Softly brushing my shoulders,
You hang languidly down my back.

Rich, thick, and shiny,
Obsidian threads of different lengths.
You glimmer with an almost purplish hue,
Beckoning others to gaze upon you.

Flowing in gentle steps,
You cascade down an unworthy slope.
Strands of silky onyx,
Rippling like waves on a moonless night.

You are my crown of natural beauty,
Hiding my imperfections.
Your magnificence attracts the stare of many,
Yet the woman beneath you is invisible.

You are the black curtain,
Sheilding me from intruding eyes.
Flying freely as the wind blows through,
Protecting this fragile one.

Dearest crowning glory,

How I adore the case you weave.

No comments:

Post a Comment