Saturday

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy

I've been the harbinger of my own misfortune,
Ever since she told me.
It's become a self-fulfilling prophecy,
I can't help but fight your love for me.

Seems like I'm hell bent on self-sabotage,
All in the name of protecting myself.
I'm terrified of being hurt,
Yet I'm the one hurting myself.

I contemplate that so-called freedom often,
Forgetting that many is no comfort to me.
The truth is without you,
My life would be incredibly lonely.

I can't understand it,
It's your hello that makes me day.
Yet here I always am,
Subconciously pushing you away.

If I truly listen to myself,
I know I should believe you.
And if that's not enough darling,
I  can't help but love being loved by you.

If we're going to make it,
I need you to take my hand.
Give me something to hold on to,
So we can stop this self-fulfilling prophecy.

No comments:

Post a Comment